Museum Signage Systems
* Suits both temporary and permanent displays
* Suitable for wood floors
* Very easy to install
* Click here for elastic cord
* Discreetly Protective
* Neutral, clean lines that blend with the environment
* Click here for wall terminators
This barrier features a steel base plate that can be screw fixed to the floor. The fixings are then concealed beneath the cover plate.
4" diam. x .25" base plate with .0625" cover plate.
The upright supports an elasticated cord that defines restricted access but gives to the touch without tripping or injury.
We recommend a maximum of 10 feet or 3 meters between these barriers.
Things you'll Need:
Elastic Cord (75 foot rolls)
Wall terminators (Possibly)
**elastic cord not included**
Did you know we manufacture most of our products in New Jersey and our full service shop is always making custom versions of products. If you have any special needs let us know!
ACCESSORIES FOR THE SURFACE MOUNTED BARRIERS
You will of course require elasticated cord to go with your stanchion layout.
Wall terminators are an excellent way to complete some stanchion installations by returning the line of cord back to the wall.
You can now apply information signage directly to the top of our stanchions by using one of our signage adapters that will accept our range of aluminum label holders.
Our stanchions are supplied complete with an Allen key and that is the only tool you will require to assemble them but if you need more keys, just ask.
USEFUL TIPS AND GUIDELINES
It is important to select a stanchion finish that blends well with the environment and minimizes visual impact, and to assist this process our standard cord color is a neutral gray. However, in areas where it is important to draw attention to the line we can supply cord in a range of colors that will enhance the contrast. These are white, red, or black.
Because these stanchions have a rigid fixing the tension on the cord can be greater and it is possible to increase the distance between stanchions up to a maximum of approx.’ 10'.
Whenever possible stanchions should be placed in a symmetrical fashion in front of an artwork as this maintains good overall harmony.
Stanchions are supplied with an Allen key for assembly.
1. Screw the thick base plate (3/32") to the end of the upright with the countersunk bolt placed through the central hole and tighten securely with the Allen key. The countersink for the three screw holes will be on the top surface of the base plate.
2. Mark out the position of the barriers being careful to ensure that the cord slots on top are inline, and screw into place using a #4 size screws or similar. Normal spacing between barriers is 7'- 8' but this can be increased to 10' on occasion, so long as the tension on the cord is sufficient to maintain a straight and level line.
3. Place the supplied cover plate over the top of the stanchion and slide down to the base so that it hides all of the fixings.
1 Upright with attaching bolt and injection molded cap
1 Base weight 1 Base cover plate 1 Allen key
What's not included: Elasticated Cord, Wall Terminators